NYDC seeks 30 young dancers to join the company & work with Michael Keegan-Dolan
National Youth Dance Company creates and performs innovative and influential dance, bringing together the brightest talent from across England to work intensively with Sadler’s Wells’ renowned Associate Artists. The company has established a reputation for innovative, high quality work and produces dancers that are open-minded, curious and brave.
Work with 2015-16 Guest Artistic Director: Michael Keegan-Dolan
• Perform in world class venues
• Learn, create and perform original work
• Draw on different dance techniques
• Take part in intensive residencies over the school holidays; living and working as a company
• Collaborate with professional choreographers and companies
• Find out about career pathways and opportunities
• Take part in dancers toolbox sessions to enhance your learning and prepare you for the future
Joining NYDC can be a life-changing experience, presenting career possibilities and raising aspirations, self-esteem and confidence, besides introducing the very best of professional dance practice.
Interested in joining the company?
NYDC are seeking dancers aged 16-18* who are passionate about dance, love to perform and have the commitment to make the most of this unique opportunity. The first step is to register for an NYDC
The workshop includes a technique class, creative tasks and discussions on dance training, careers and NYDC. Selected dancers will be invited to attend a final audition at Sadler’s Wells, London on Sunday 26 July. The workshops are open to dancers from all backgrounds and abilities, with experience in any dance style. There is no cost to attend the workshops but places must be booked through Sadler’s Wells.
For more information on NYDC and to register for an Experience Workshop visit: www.sadlerswells.com/NYDC (how to apply section)
(*age range is flexible in certain circumstances; see www.sadlerswells.com/nydc)