2012 Dance Journeys
a regional youth dance conference
Wednesday 14 November 2012
9.30am – 5.00pm
at Yorkshire Dance and Northern Ballet, Leeds
Hosted by Yorkshire Dance & the Regional Dance Development Network
An engaging conference around key aspects of supporting all young people through successful journeys to a career in dance or to a healthy active lifestyle.
Bringing practitioners, commissioners of dance, teachers, those in health, sport and education working with dance together from across the region for stimulating and informative workshops, discussions, presentations and dissemination.
If you’re new to working with dance and young people or have been working and commissioning in the field for years – then this conference is for you.
Because, in challenging economic times, with increased social inequality and poverty, there is evidence that dance engages and inspires young people (and their communities) we aim to build a broad dance ecology (artistic, commercial, culturally diverse), and create opportunities for young people to make dance part of their lives, whether as a career or as part of a healthy active lifestyle.
So the conference aims to:
• Engage and motivate a range of participants; practitioners, arts professionals, teachers, partners, commissioners
• Advocate for the value of dance for/with young people
• Explore progression routes to dance for young people whether as a career or as a healthy active lifestyle
• Support partnership working between youth dance sector and youth sectors; Children and Young People’s Services, NHS, Education, Criminal Justice
• Foster new networking and encourage the development of existing networks
• Promote the uptake of the 3 Year Regional Strategic Yorkshire Development plan
For details of sessions taking place during Dance Journeys, click here
For details of all the speakers and facilitators, click here