2014 Dance Visions
On Friday 7 November at the De Grey Rooms in York Theatre Royal, Yorkshire Dance presented its third annual conference Dance Visions – a conference exploring the work we commission and create with young people.
The day was a fantastic success, with guests from all over the country coming together to discuss the world of youth dance.
Dance Visions focused on the themes of quality and content, presenting real examples of youth dance projects that will provoke, inspire and invigorate new approaches and creative ideas.
Dance Visions was designed for all dance professionals – teachers, leaders, commissioners, development officers, artists – working with children and young people, so many different opinions and insights were discussed.
This one-day conference allowed valuable time to debate, discuss and reflect on the work we make with children and young people.
Dance Visions also featured speakers and artists including:
- Lucy Bennett (Stopgap Dance Company)
- Zoie Golding (FuzzyLogic)
- Vicky Igbokwe (Uchenna Dance)
- Linda Jasper (Youth Dance England)
- Helen Linsell (Dance United Yorkshire)
- James Morgan (Choreographer, performer & writer)
- Stuart Waters (Professional Dancer)
- Lily Turner
Meet them here
The Sessions throughout the day included:
- 12 Visions for Youth Dance - a young person led session
- Thinking Outside The Box – Challenging youth dance project structures
- Quality, Content and Performance – How do we define quality within youth dance choreography
- Empowering Young People Through Dance – The relationship between form and content
- Challenging Street Dance
- Challenging myths around inclusive dance
- Raising Standards in Challenging Contexts