This is your last chance to gain a place in our Fresh 2014 line-up on Saturday 5th April 2014. We are delighted to announce that, after a selection process by a panel of independent dance artists, Fresh 2014 will feature 25 groups from across the region. Performances will take place in West Yorkshire Playhouse ‘Quarry Theatre’ and ‘Foyer’, also at Yorkshire Dance in ‘The Loft’. This is your chance to gain a place in the ‘Fresh’ Foyer line-up!
Yorkshire Dance and Radio Aire will be holding an event for groups of dancers aged 11-19 years old to showcase their work and talent on Saturday 29th March in the Trinity Shopping Centre, Leeds, 12.00pm – 3.00pm.
Come along and perform alongside other youth dance groups and in front of hundreds of members of the public. There will also be the opportunity to take part in exciting dance workshops throughout the afternoon.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Small groups of maximum 12 dancers
- Group members aged between 11-19 years
- Dance performance piece of no longer than 7 minutes in length in any dance style
- Suitable non-offensive music (Appropriate for family audience)
- Groups must be available on the 29th March between 12.00pm – 3.00pm to perform in our public performance space in Trinity Shopping Centre.
- Group must be available on the 5th April between 6.00pm – 7.00pm (In case they are selected to perform at Fresh Foyer line up 2014).
HOW TO APPLY…
All groups must complete a short application form and send to Sarah Lyon at Yorkshire Dance.
If you are interested, then fill out this application form HERE and send us a DVD or link to a short clip of your dance (e.g. on YouTube) by 9.00am on Monday 17th March. We will let you know if you have been successful or not during the week of the 17th March 2014
FRESH 2014 – part of U.Dance 2014
Showcasing the best youth dance in Yorkshire!
Saturday 5 April 2014
West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds
for youth dance companies with members aged 11-19
Tickets are on sale now from West Yorkshire Playhouse