Dance and Digital Presence
Sun 9 Feb 2014, 11.00am – 4.00pm
A one day workshop for film and dance makers, exploring digital communication of live dance ideas. The overall aim of the workshop is to up-skill dance and film makers in their ability to document and communicate dance ideas (in the broadest sense) for digital consumption. It will bring together dance and film makers in order to encourage dialogue and the exchange of ideas.
A selection of experienced practitioners and film-makers will facilitate the following:
• Opportunity for dance artists and film artists to work together and to engage in dialogue
• Develop skills through increased understanding and empathy across these practices
• Explore digital communication of dance ideas collectively
• Opportunity to practice/experiment discussing and presenting dance ideas to the camera
• Re-consider the use of language and movement content selected for use in digital environments
• Reflect upon your own practice and share expertise
• Observe and discuss documented dance ideas
• Explore use of current tools and how to more effectively use them
Artists leading the course amongst others are Andy Wood, Jonny Walton and Breakfast Creatives.
£10.00 Registration Fee
To apply for a place please submit an application to Laura Griffiths, Respond Project Manager including a CV and a short statement outlining your suitability for this workshop and why it will be of benefit to your artistic practice (no more than 500 words).
This event takes place within the frame of RESPOND, a collaboration between Yorkshire Dance, Breakfast Creatives and the University of Leeds. These partners have been selected by Nesta, Arts Council England and Arts and Humanities Research Council as one of 24 projects to receiving funding from the £7 million Digital R&D Fund for the Arts.
*Please note that Lunch will not be provided.