Tutor-Led Classes (c) David Lindsay

Interested in running your own dance or fitness class at Yorkshire Dance?

by antonydunn on August 4, 2014

Fancy hiring weekly space for rehearsals, workshops, or lessons?

Our Tutor-Led Classes programme may be just what you’re looking for.

What is the Tutor-Led Classes (TLC) Programme?
External tutors or groups can hire space at Yorkshire Dance at a discounted rate in order to run their own classes, courses, workshops, rehearsals and lessons. The TLC programme runs alongside the academic calendar – the forthcoming term (Autumn 2014) lasts for 14 weeks, from the week commencing 8th September to the week ending 13th December. We do encourage all TLC tutors to hire the same time slot for the entirety of the term and are therefore contracted for this accordingly.

How much does the space hire cost?
Our TLC space hire charges are greatly discounted from our commercial rates.

Studios 1 and 3 are charged at £25.00 per hour and Studio 2 is charged at £14.50 per hour. You are welcome to hold a class for longer than an hour – a 90 minute slot in Studio 3 for example, would cost £37.50. Please note: only Studio 2 is suitable for hard footwear such as tap shoes.

Martha’s Meeting Room is charged at £15.00 per hour and The North Space is charged at £18.00 per hour. Both spaces are carpeted so may work best for drama and music rehearsals or lessons.

How do tutors pay for space hire?
Tutors are required to pay a 10% deposit prior to the start of term. The remaining 90% can be paid in two 45% instalments spread out over the term – this intends to help tutors with their cash flow.

Does Yorkshire Dance help the tutor to advertise their class, lesson, etc?
Although Yorkshire Dance will assist with the marketing of the class by advertising on our website and in our TLC brochure, other administrative responsibilities fall to the tutors themselves, and all class participants pay class fees directly to the tutor. If tutors create posters and flyers for advertisement, we can display these at Yorkshire Dance and pass these onto anyone enquiring about the TLC programme.

What space availability is there for Autumn Term 2014?

5.00pm – 9.30pm, The North Space
8.00pm – 9.30pm, Studio 3

5.00pm – 6.30pm, The North Space
5.00pm – 7.00pm, Martha’s Meeting Room

5.00pm – 7.00pm, Martha’s Meeting Room
8.30pm – 9.30pm, The North Space

5.00pm – 9.30pm, Martha’s Meeting Room
5.00pm – 7.00pm, Studio 2
8.30pm – 9.30pm, Studio 2

9.00am – 3.45pm, The North Space
9.00am – 3.45pm, Martha’s Meeting Room
2.45pm – 3.45pm, Studio 3

Please email laurenclarke@yorkshiredance.com if you are interested in booking a slot for Autumn Term 2014 or if you have any questions about the programme.

Previous post:

Next post: